Well we are on the hunt for text about Taupo, by the people of Taupo to be part of the 2010 ERUPT Lake Taupo Festival community commission. This is a wonderful idea that came from the community and will bring together poems from those in Taupo to be used in this new work. Below is the brief released this week to schools and local newspapers: Calling all writers, poets and songwriters
The ERUPT Lake Taupo Festival has commissioned New Zealand composer Ryan Youens to write a work to open next year's festival, involving many of the local school and community ensembles and choirs. This commission is made possible by SOUNZ (The Centre for New Zealand Music) and their SOUNZ Community Commission.
He needs YOUR help and is asking for poems about the lake or river that he will set to music and use in this new work. Have ideas? Want to write something? Do you have something suitable already? Don't miss out on this very special opportunity.
- Entries may be in either English or Māori.
- Length and format is up to you, just remember it will be set to music.
- Entries must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 23rd October.
- Entries must be accompanied with your name, email and school (if applicable).
- Numerous entries will be used and both successful and non-successful applicants will be notified soon after the closing date.
- By entering, you agree for your text to be used in this work, and you will be acknowledged in the programme, score and in all other appropriate places.
- If any further questions, feel free to make contact via the email above.