It is always fun gathering at the beginning of a weekend with a new group of people and by the end of it presenting a concert of great music. That was the case this weekend at another Bay of Plenty Music School.
I had a wonderful group of players, we worked hard and had fun putting the music together.
At the informal concert on Saturday night we performed the crowd pleasers:
- Prokofiev – Triumphal March from ‘Peter and the Wolf’
- Barry Gray – Thunderbirds
On the Sunday concert we performed:
- Khachaturian – Armenian Dances
- Ryan Youens – Bubble
- Rossini – William Tell Overture (Allegro Vivace)
- Bernstein/Sondheim - West Side Story (combined with orchestra)
- Trad. - A Te Tarakihi (combined with orchestra and choir)
It was a pleasure to work with fellow conductors Peter Watts and Peter Thomas - thanks for your support. Thanks to my brilliant wind orchestra players and to those who organised the very successful weekend.