I always look forward to the Rialto 48Hour Film Competition and the chance to work with the guys at Sideways Productions.
After getting through the ongoing nightmare that we may be tasked with a 'musical' - I was relieved that the team got given 'film within a film' as the genre.
They did a really great job and ended up getting the audience choice award at the heats - but unfortunately no further successes this year.
I had fun exploring an assortment of VSL strings, a shaker or two and a "tweed picked synth" for good measure.
Here's how the music looked at my end:
I arranged the 14-or-so cues from the soundtrack into a single piece of music which you can listen to here:
[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/146068564" params="color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_artwork=true" width="100%" height="166" iframe="true" /]
And here's the film. WARNING: it's not for the faint-hearted...:
- Greg Stubbings as Morgan Foster
- James Wells as Jeff Tyler
- Christina Cortesi as Park Manager
- Andy Nicholson as Frank Waldo
- Jonathan Riley as Gary Mooney
- Edward Newborn as Terry Bean
- Astra McLaren as Lauren Bean
- Gracie Taylor as Bridesmaid
- Directors: Allan George and Greg Stubbings
- Writers: Allan George, Greg Stubbings and Ben Fowler
- Producers: Ben Fowler and Allan George
- DOP: Allan George
- 1st Assistant Director: Aleksander Sakowski
- Production Manager: Maha Albadrawi
- Camera Operator/Grip/Gaffer: Ben O'Hanlon
- Art Direction: Maha Albadrawi and Marcel Vidot
- Boom Operator: Craig Macintosh
- Lighting Assistant: Isaiah Vaega
- 2nd Unit Camera Operator: Nate McKinnon
- Make Up: Kerri Thomassen
- Editors: Ben Fowler and Allan George
- Colourist: Allan George
- Audio Post-Production: Adam Peri
- Music: Ryan Youens